The broad objectives of the B.A (Hon) in English of the Thomas Adewumi University are as outlined below:
- To train students to acquire adequate communicative competence in both spoken and written forms of the English language.
- To equip students with the knowledge of the forms and features of the varieties of English used in different professional domains such as business, electronic media, print journalism, advertising, new media, publishing and biography.
- To equip students with the literary skills of creative writing, critical thinking, and analysis.
- To expose students to relevant literary theories and practices that will enable them to appreciate and explore the sociocultural, political experiences encountered in various art forms including, films, movies and the mass media.
- To prepare students to pursue postgraduate studies in English Language, Literature and Communication Studies.