This program intends to dish out graduates that could be self-employed with their own as a consultant or contractor in the field of civil engineering, work in construction industries or in research and development or as lecturers in tertiary institutions.
Furthermore, students must be able to perform the following functions upon graduation:
- Be conversant with Civil Engineering materials, technology and processes.
- demonstrating understanding of the appropriate Information and Communications Technology (ICT) associated with Aerospace Engineering.
- Acquiring leadership and management techniques related to Civil Engineering for exercising original thought, professional judgment and taking responsibility for the direction of important tasks;
- Demonstrating innovation and entrepreneurship in Civil Engineering.
- Improving on indigenous technology to facilitate the development of the Civil Engineering sector in Nigeria.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to civil engineering problems.
- Design and conduct civil engineering experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Design and maintain civil engineering systems, components, or processes.
- Function on multi-disciplinary teams to solve engineering problems relevant to civil engineering.
- Identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility of civil engineers.
- Communicate effectively.
- Understand the impact of civil engineering in society, environment and global economy.
- Recognize the need for, and be able to engage in, life-long learning.
- Acquire knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern civil engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.