Computer Engineering is designed to ensure that students play a leading role in inventing, designing and managing technological systems. Our BEng in Computer Engineering proffers the chance to produce applications for robots, embedded and real-time systems, and other ground-breaking information and communications technology. The students will learn about theoretical
programming and gain practical experience in developing applications for computing
platforms and hardware.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme seeks to train computer engineers who can best contribute to national
development. For this, they must be equipped with the tools to perform periodic hardware
analysis of computer hardware and software using available technology and testing tools.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The following are the objectives of the program which include, but not limited to:
- Provide students with strong fundamentals in computer engineering based on
mathematical, scientific, and engineering principles, principles, so that they can
establish themselves as practicing computer engineers.
- Equip students with skills and tools in design, modeling, problem solving, experimental
and data analysis, computing, teamwork and effective communication, design and
- Impart students with knowledge of ethical and professional values, social and global
awareness, of the impact of computer engineering on society, and of the importance of
lifelong learning in both technical and nontechnical areas.
- Provide manpower for the development and sustenance of computer engineering
program in the nation’s institution of higher learning.
- Produce graduates that are self-sufficient as job providers and serving the parts needs of our industries.