In a move aimed at promoting sustainable development and enhancing professional development opportunities, Thomas Adewumi University signed MOU with Envirofly Consulting UK Limited. This was signed by the University's Vice -Chancellor (Prof. Francisca Oladipo) and the CEO, (Dr.Akanimo Odon) Envirofly Consulting UK Limited (including Flexylearn International Limited a subsidiary company of Envirofly registered in Nigeria and Zambia), of B05 Gordon Manley Building, Lancaster Environment Centre, Lancaster University, LA1 4YQ, United Kingdom
The purpose of the memorandum is to record formally the mutual interest of the parties collaborative training and capacity building to address career gaps and professional development opportunities in our Institution, for the mutual benefits of both parties and in implementing strategies and schemes to realize these opportunities. This cooperation concerns the subject area of promoting and supporting the delivery of capacity building programmes for staff and student of TAU, the development of strategic partnerships with reputable international UK institutions and the supporting of the enhancement of the career of current staff and students and may include any of the following activities:
- Organizing, promoting and coordinating long and short-term faculty and staff and student training, exchanges and other academic activities, provided that all participants are appropriately qualified and there are adequate financial resources;
- Facilitating and coordinating joint professional development training and development programmes through strategic cooperation and support from top international institutions;
- Organizing seminars, academic interactive sessions, virtual support sessions, and other professional development activities to enhance the professional development of TAU staff and student;
- Coordinating special short-term academic programs, including short-term seminars, UK partnership programmes and other such training programmes under the Flexylearn portfolio.
- Enhancing the capacity of the Institution to carry out relevant research and to secure the required external funding for same where available
Overall, the new patnership is a significant step towards enhancing professional development opportunities and addressing career gaps in the Institution. We are optimistic that the collaboration will yield positive results and position the institution as a leading center for Career research and training in the country.