This is to provide an adequate platform for our students to acquire and develop appropriate human and conceptual skills, attitude and knowledge required for effective business leadership and global competitiveness, to inculcate high standard of ethical behaviour and resource management in our students and prepare them for a successful life as entrepreneurs and managers.
The aims of B.Sc. Business Administration are to:
- provide and facilitate qualitative Business Management Education and training of young men and women for initial entry into management career.
- offer research and consultancy services in Business Management and related field for the benefit of organizations both in the private and public sectors, for the state and federal government that might require such services.
- train Nigerian Business Administrators that would act as trustees of the public that would be responsible to the society.
- equip graduates with desired skills to establish their own business centre.
- instill in the students the ability to respect deadlines and work under constant pressures.
The admission requirements could be categorized into two: (a) UTME and (b) Direct Entry
- UTME: All candidates seeking admission for the four-year degree in Business Administration MUST have a minimum of five (5) Credits in Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent. The five credits must include English Language, Mathematics and three relevant commercial subjects of Economics, Commerce, Business management/methods, Principles of Account, Marketing, etc. which must be obtained in not more than two (2) sittings. In addition, an acceptable UTME score in relevant subjects which include English Language, economics, accounting, business management obtained in the year of admission
- Direct Entry: For Direct entry admission, candidates must possess five (5) credits in GCE, SSCE, NECO and at least two (2) subjects at Advanced level. Candidates with credit pass in ND, NCE professional certificates are qualified to apply. In addition, credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Commerce and any other commercial subjects is required.